Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dreaming of the Sun

Maybe it's because it's so drab and cold out but I am completely not inspired for making lunches lately. What I REALLY want is a fruit punch served to me in a pineapple while I let the waves wash over my feet. Instead it takes me twenty minutes to get all my crap on because it dropped 17 degrees last night and is now -24 with the windchill. Gak!

Seeing I can't actually go south, looks like I'm stuck with just the spice and salsa music. Well, the music part when mom gives my i-pod back.

Bean Burritos-

1 Can Baked Brown Beans or Re-fried Beans
2 Tortillas (flatbreads)
1/4 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
Assorted Toppers- (Anything you want) examples-Diced onions, shredded lettuce, diced cucumbers, sliced avocado, corn
Sour Cream and/or Salsa
1 tsp Chili powder (if you want)

Lay out your 2 tortillas. In a pan over medium heat, fry the brown beans (if they're re-fried already, just heat them up) until mushy. If using chili powder, mix in with beans while they are cooking. Spoon a large dollop onto each tortilla and then top with cheese and any toppers you want. You can put a little sour cream and salsa in too if you like, or you can reserve them for dipping.
Wrap your tortillas by folding the bottom and the top of your tortilla over the filling, and then roll from one side and flip over so the fold is on the bottom. Makes 2 burritos.
If you're taking them out of the house, it's best to wrap them in aluminum foil to keep them warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment